Tuesday, May 15, 2012

The old belly bump



I've had two previous pregnancies and have never taken the time to document anything about them.  I thought third time is a charm.  I am almost half way so I really am not doing too great of a job this time around either.

This pregnancy like all others hit me really hard at 6 weeks.  Once I reach the 6 week mark I usually head to my bed and have to take it easy for a little while.  This time around I crawled in bed and literally on some days could not get out.  I had 4 weeks that were horrible.  The first two weeks I could not keep anything down and lost 15 pounds.  I was feeling pretty worthless not being able to take care of Henry and Wes and not helping Bryan out so I decided to try the at home IV and Zofran pump.  The IV definitely  helped, but I am still unsure if the Zofran helped or if it was the timing of the pregnancy where I eventually just started feeling better. After two weeks on the pump I was able to get through my mornings and just had to take it easy afternoons and nights.  Around 14 weeks I was starting to make it through my days but still had no energy.  Now at 17 weeks I am feeling good.  I can get through my days with my kids and still have energy left to cook and clean some.  

In each pregnancy I have moments where I have never felt so low in my life.  Being so sick and feeling so worthless at times is hard on me physically and emotionally.  However, in these low moments is when I have always felt so close to my Heavenly Father and felt his strong love for me.  I am so glad to be feeling back to myself and to be blessed with another sweet spirit in our home.  

3 comments:

  1. Uhhh you are SMOKIN'! Also, I don't know if my self esteem could take being pregnant along with you for any longer than I have left. Is that skirt F21? I almost bought it online but they only had XS left. So I'm either mad at you for fitting into a XS 17 weeks pregnant or for taking the last of the bigger sizes...

    Either way, this post got me all teary. You are one tough cookie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shell - you look so great! I love your (teeny tiny) baby bump! I am so glad you are feeling better these days. ^I agree with Stacie, you are as tough as it gets.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good thing babies are so great I am sure it makes it all worth it in the end. Glad you are feeling better and you are looking great!

    ReplyDelete

Followers